[KimDaBa] virtual attribute file system

Horacio Sanson hsanson at moegi.waseda.jp
Fri Jan 16 18:48:43 GMT 2004

Dear all,

As an amateur photographer and 3D graphics designer I find myself with
thousands of images to store and catalog manually. KimDaBa method for
describing one or several images with a few mouse clicks is great. But it
could be better if it were possible to assign descriptions with one click.

I think it may be possible to create properties and combination of properties,
example the next three properties:

		1 -  Carolina
		2 -  Europe Trip
		3 -  Europe Trip and Carolina

Then have in KimDaBa main window two frames, the main one with all the
pictures and a left one with all the properties and combinations. Then
applying properties to an image would only imply selecting an image or group
of images from the main frame and drag them to the property on the left
frame. Just as moving files in a file system but instead of moving or copying
them physically on the hard drive it only applies the properties to the
images the way KimDaBa does with the dialog. In this example I could select a
group of images taken in Europe with Carolina in them and drag them to the
Carolina propertie and then to the Europe Trip property or simply drag them
once tho the Europe Trip and Carolina property. This would make easier (I
think) to catalog large amounts of pictures. Clicking on one of the
properties would show all the images that belong to that attribute.

This is just an idea, I have no resources (skill) to implement this myself but
really hope someone has the resources to do it.

ps. I don't belong to the list, so if someone want's to reply to me please
make a cc to my email.

regards,
Horacio Sanson