[KimDaBa] problem

David Wallis dandewallis at serv.net.au
Tue Jan 13 20:46:02 GMT 2004

Hi
I am running Mandrake 9.2 with KDE revision 3.00.00 I have been using
the Linux system for about a year and am still very much feeling my way.
I downloaded kimdaba-1.0.1.tar.gz, arked it to user/tmp then configured,
madeand installed it.
I entered ./configure then make and finally make install .. ie three
commands
The exe file is in user/tmp/ kimdaba-1.0.1/kimdaba
When I type in kimdaba I get a Welcome box offering Load demo or Create
my own database.
I click on demo and get  Unable to open '' for reading. I click on ok
and the box closes leaving QFile::open: No file name specified
So I repeat the process and select Create my own. Up pops ... KimDaBa
requires that all your images etc and a window with ~/images. I have
tried several combinations to point to my picture file which is
/mnt/win_d/data/pictures
The end result is a pop up window with KimDaBa was unable to load a
default setup which indicates an incorrect installation
The final pop up is error in file /mnt/win_d/data/pictures/images.xml No
elements found
Any suggestions appreciate
David Wallis

---
[E-mail scanned by doggy.com.au for viruses with Declude AntiVirus]