[KimDaBa] Re: [Gwenview-general] Towards a common plugin architecture for kde image managers...

Aurelien Gateau aurelien.gateau at free.fr
Mon Feb 16 21:38:45 GMT 2004

Le lundi 16 Février 2004 19:17, Renchi Raju a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> recently there has been interest from other kde image manager authors in
> using digikamplugins in their applications. i, as the main coordinator of
> digikam, welcome this interest and want to pursue an initiative towards
> developing a common plugin architecture for this purpose. i understand
> that it will take a long time to come up with a common framework and will
> require compromises from all interested parties. but if everybody is
> willing we would be able to setup a common standard for easier integration
> of well-implemented/stable/feature-rich plugins for kde.
>
> there is no point into jumping into the code right now; we will have to
> decide on a framework first. i would like to hear from each of you about
> your willingness to proceed on such a plan.

Sounds good to me. From what I read and thanks to the explaination about the
folder leak, I understand this is the most important issue to address. I
don't know how much it would impact the existing code though. I'm going to
install digikam to have a look.

> please CC everybody in the recepient list above.

Since digikam-devel is "mirrored" by gmane.org, maybe we can use only this
list. This would avoid messages being lost if someone forgot to click "reply
to all" instead of "reply".

Regards,
  Aurélien