[KimDaBa] Crash when going to Search -> Description

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Sun Feb 15 15:04:46 GMT 2004

| Hello,
| I just downloaded and compiled Kimdaba 1.1 on KDE 3.2.
| When I start the app, go to Search -> Options (Optionen) -> Hide/Show windows
| (Fenster ein/ausbleden) -> Show description (Beschreibung anzeigen) Kimdaba
| crashes: SIGSEGV
|
| [New Thread 16384 (LWP 8687)]
| 0x411f15c9 in waitpid () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
| #0  0x411f15c9 in waitpid () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
| #1  0x40753cab in KCrash::defaultCrashHandler(int) ()
|    from /opt/kde-3.2/lib/libkdecore.so.4
| #2  <signal handler called>
| #3  0x40b3287a in QObject::inherits(char const*) const ()
|    from /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
|
| If you need any more information or a build with more debug information please
| ask me.
Yes, a debug build would be nice

I've been hunting this bug forever but without any luck, so I'd be very
happy for a back trace from a debug run. So far I got the impression that
the bug was due to KDE 3.1.x given I couldn't reproduce it.

Also, I'd be happy if you would run valgrind on KimDaBa, and send me the
output. Please add --num-callers=50 to the command line for valgrind.

If you do not know how to use valgrind let me know, and I can guide you.

Kind Regards