[KimDaBa] New snapshot ready - please test

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Wed Feb 11 21:17:43 GMT 2004

Guy Zelck <gzelck at tiscalinet.be> writes:

| Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
|
| >Guy Zelck <gzelck at tiscalinet.be> writes:

| > there
|
| >| were no *.html files anymore under /opt/kde3/share/doc/HTML/*/kimdaba.
| > program
|
| >| itself worked.
|
| >There indeed is, they might or might not be placed elsewhere,
| >
| Not elsewhere either.
|
| > as I said, I
| >changed packing program, to conform with the rest of kde-extragear
| >packages.
| >
| >Another possibility is that you did download the -noi18n package. This one
| >is merely meant for snapshot releases, and do thus not contain i18n nor any
| >docs.
| >
| Nope, I used the full tarball.
|
| I've just been using the newly compiled kimdaba binary and found nothing
| weird, no crashes (kde 3.1.4 & qt 3.2.3) even when I asked for 5000
| thumbnails per window. Searching still works fine too.
|
| I just don't like the fact that the thumbnails are tilted 45 degrees and
| have a jagged edge on a black background (they look like stamps). Is there
| a way to get them back to normal? I looked in the settings but did not see
| it. Probably they were tilted by one of the previous kimdaba snapshots.
Hmm yes this sounds like something a bug some weeks ago did.
They were note rotated by this version were they?

The only cure to this is to edit the index.xml file, searching for angle,
where the angle is no 0, 90, 180, or 270

If you have trouble doing that, please send me your index.xml file, and
I'll fix it by hand.

| Then, the configuration of shortcuts does not mention the slideshow
| shortcuts. For a 1.0 release it would look professional if we could have
| consistency here.
you are referring to the shortcuts on the viewer page, right?
No these are not configurable.
I tried to get them configurable, but after more than half a day of work, I
gave up.

Cheers
jesper.