[KimDaBa] New snapshot ready - please test : two suggestions (small problems)

Jesper K. Pedersen blackie at kde.org
Tue Feb 10 22:24:45 GMT 2004

Reimar Imhof <Reimar.Imhof at netCologne.de> writes:

| this time I tried this snapshot on a KDE 3.2.0 / Qt 3.3 test installation. (I
| did not try it on my KDE 3.1.1 / Qt 3.1.1 system).
|
| The first shock: Kimdaba crashed like it has done before. Then I tried your
| examples (nice to see your picture; now everyone on the list should also post
| his picture?? ;-) ). Those pictures worked super.
| Then I removed my index.XML file and started again. That's it. I didn't get
| one single crash. But I have to say, I pressed the save butten very
| frequently...
Could you send me a copy of your index.xml file so I can debug whats going
on?

| (On the other hand: The database is an XML file. It would be great if Kimdaba
| just did not crash on a perhaps strange XML file.)
|
| I found two things to tell you:
| The first one deals with the options dialog. Here I've defined a new category
| (for example animals). When I then go to the member groups configuration, the
| new categories are missing. They need a program restart to appear.
ups.
I'll put this on the bug list, but its not important enough to start
messing with things a few days before release.

| The second point deals with the handbook. Perhaps I just didn't fully
| understand the passage about "adding preview images to the browser", figure
| 3.4 "Images for each Individual Person". What I didn't understand from the
| documentation is this: I have to choose large list view or large icon view to
| see the individual previews. (I had the small list view running and didn't
| see anything and just wondered why).
Well seeing the images in small view, wouldn't really make much sense as it
would just be a single blop.

| One point I liked (besides others of course ;-)): As I've seen in this
| snapshot (perhaps you implemented it some snapshots ago, but I just ran into
| it this evening) the previews for the tooltip (ctrl - t) are generated along
| with the tooltips for the browser. So the tooltip is working nicely even on
| my slow machine (P-III, 450 MHz).
great

PS: Reimar, I sent you an error mail from another machine,
please let me know if you didn't get it.