[KimDaBa] kimdaba <-> iPhoto

Marco Caldarelli caldarel at yahoo.it
Fri Dec 17 10:42:47 GMT 2004

Hi Daniel

in fact KimDaBa runs fine on Mac OS X!
You have to install first a running KDE using fink:
http://fink.sourceforge.net/
I installed the unstable one to have KDE 3.2.3 and
qt3, which has unfortunately to be recompiled from
scratch (does kimdaba work with earlier versions
of KDE and qt? what are the minimal requirements?)

Then, to compile kimdaba, you must remember to add
the following options when you use configure:

./configure --with-qt-includes=/sw/include/qt
--with-qt-libraries=/sw/lib

where /sw is the directory of the fink installation.
Otherwise, just follow the usual instructions.

For some reasons kimdaba doesn't read the EXIF data
from my pictures, and can't go full screen when doing
slideshows. I hope this will be somehow fixed; anyways
everything else works just fine!

Regards,
Marco