Preparing the 1.7 release series

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue Mar 28 13:23:41 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I've now branched master to a new 1.7 branch and updated the changelog
for an impending 1.7-rc1 release, which I'll make some time this week.

Unfortunately the i18n side presently isn't ready - with the dismantling
of projects.kde.org I don't know where to set the stable translation
branch now, so I've not yet informed kde-i18n-doc about our release
plans.

My plan is to get this sorted out during the week as well, so there will
by necessity be 2-3 weeks between rc1 and a final 1.7 (assuming we don't
need more release candidates) to give translators time to update.

That means the 1.7 branch is currently not yet frozen for messages. I
will write a new mail to the list once it's frozen.

1.7 is however feature-frozen for now (even though I'd really like to
have SASL EXTERNAL support in 1.7, but oh well ...) - please at least
ask before comitting new non-bugfix work there until we get 1.7 out
the door, and then the usual management of the then-stable branch
applies. Bugfixes on the other hand do commit, the more the merrier.

Cheers,
Eike