[Konversation-devel] Branch 1.4 created

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue Nov 1 20:54:46 UTC 2011

Hi,

after just tagging v1.4-beta1, master has been branched to a new
branch named '1.4' from which releases in the 1.4.x series will be
made. These releases may contain new features if we deem them safe
enough, but generally 1.4.x releases will be maintenance releases,
leaving us free to make more radical changes on the 'master'
branch. At the same time, we intend 'master' always remain stable
enough for basic usage.

For developers this means that any bugfixes for reports filed
against 1.4.x, or generally bugfixes that don't run the risk of
introducing regressions, should be committed to the 1.4 branch.
Afterwards, you should merge the 1.4 branch into the master
branch.

The same goes for the remaining work to be done until the 1.4
final release.

With regard to the i18n situation I assume that the translators
will switch to tracking the 1.4 branch instead of the master
branch, but I have yet to receive answer from KDE i18n about
how they wish that to be handled. I'll reply here once I know
more.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein