[Konversation-devel] Re: Question about Konversation

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue Mar 1 12:48:20 CET 2011

On 3/1/2011 12:34 PM, Elias McGarr wrote:
> Hi, I was wondering how I can set Konversation to rejoin a channel when I
> have been kicked. I really love Konversation and this is the only thing I
> can not figure out how to do. Thank you

Nope, sorry. We intentionally chose not to implement such
an option as we believe it contributes to bad IRC climate:
It's either used by spammers, or allows bad channel opera-
tors to justify their behavior by referring to that conve-
nience.

You could implement this on your end with scripting, see
the Command field for the Kick event in Configure Notifi-
cations to invoke an external script and the D-Bus API to
roundtrip back into the app.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein