[Konversation-devel] High CPU usage in Konvi 1.2alpha6

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 13:04:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've been using Konvi for KDE4 almost since the day it came out and
have been pleased with it so far. However, since I began using it, I
often experience high CPU usage and it occurs mostly when switching
tabs. I currently use version 1.2alpha6 and every now and then when I
switch to another tab/room, konvi uses about 50% of the CPU time. On
rare occasions it will use 100% of the CPU. The only thing I can do in
such a situation is to restart konvi each time. It's been like that
for some time now and I'm not sure if konvi is at fault there or the
KDE4 style I use or maybe even my QT version or something else. Any
thoughts on this?

My system:
openSUSE 11.1 with KDE4.3.0 and QT4.5.2
Style: Bespin from SVN