[Konversation-devel] message indicator

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 14 19:40:34 CEST 2009

Eike asked about integrating it with KNotify.

Aurelien says in http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4043#comment-8634

"I first tried to turn indicators into another way for knotify to
present notifications, but it did not really map with the way
indicators work. Knotify only has the concept of a notification: so I
ended up creating a fake server on the fly when I received the first
notification, but it was not working very well because implementing
its action was not reliable. It was also impossible to fine tune the
information an indicator would send (time or not, custom text, custom
icon...)"