[Konversation-devel] Akonadi log based resource

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue Nov 25 12:24:09 CET 2008

Eli MacKenzie wrote:
>> Switching to an XML format might be impractical
>> to us, since IRC logs are often read by humans.
>
> Konversation's log viewer isn't going to suck forever, maybe something
> along the lines of zcat can fill the void for those that want to muck
> around with flat text

Sure, but if we're going to make the log viewer not suck,
I wonder if it isn't going to be using a binary database
of some kind, considering the speed of Kopete's log view-
er operating on XML files.

Of course, maybe we could look into actually storing the
logs inside Akonadi in the first place. It does use a
SQL database for backend.

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, hein at kde.org