[Konversation-devel] [Fwd: Fwd: Ported Konversation to OpenSolaris (patch + build howto )]

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sun Mar 16 15:43:05 CET 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fwd: Ported Konversation to OpenSolaris (patch + build howto )
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:07:00 +0530
From: Manish Chakravarty <manishchaks at gmail.com>
To: kde-devel at kde.org

Hi folks,

I managed to port Konversation to OpenSolaris today ( I used the Solaris
Express Developer edition, any OpenSolaris distro will work )

Build-Howto:

1) make sure you have the JDS CBE installed (
http://opensolaris.org/os/project/jds/contributing/building/)
2) source the env ( " ./opt/jdsbld/env/sh " )
3) Download and extract the konversation source code
4) cd into the dir
5) the file ./konversation/src/dcctransfersend.cpp has to be patched thus:
24,25d23
< #include <sys/sockio.h>
< #include <unistd.h>

6) do export CC=/usr/sfw/bin/gcc ; export CXX=/usr/sfw/bin/g++ ;  export
CPP=/usr/sfw/bin/cpp; ./configure ; /usr/sfw/bin/gmake

7) The source should be built. Become root and do "/usr/sfw/bin gmake
install"

Have a look at the screenshot
http://flickr.com/photos/manish_chaks/2337327970/

/usr/bin/banner yay!