[Konversation-devel] Script help in python

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Fri Oct 26 10:00:32 CEST 2007

Paul Walsh wrote:
> I am trying to get started with some small scripts for konversation but I am
> having difficulty understanding the communication mechanism used in the
> existing python scripts (media and weather) that I am using to learn.

Hi Paul,

have a look at the "Scripting" page in the Konversation
handbook, that should clear things up on the arguments
that it passes to scripts it /exec's:
http://konversation.berlios.de/docs/scripting.html

As for the DCOP bindings: You could certainly use the
Python DCOP bindings to talk back to Konvi. The Python
scripts we ship with Konversation basically run the
'dcop' command line client (via subprocess), because
the bindings aren't always around.

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, hein at kde.org