[Konversation-devel] "IRC+": Spec'ing out Client/Services interaction

Eike Hein kde at eikehein.com
Fri Jun 8 16:45:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

today a member of the KVirc development team approached
us about a new RFC they're trying to write to standar-
dize the interaction between the client and network ser-
vices, to see whether we have any comments on their
draft and whether we would like to support it in the end.
Supposedly they've received favorable comments from both
X-Chat and WeeChat, albeit not detailed, technical ones.

Their website for this enterprise is: http://www.irc-plus.org/en/

Given that problems related to the lack of standardi-
zation in that area rank among our top bug reports (e.g.
the problem with mixing auto-identify and auto-join),
we do seem to have an interest in this.

I've expressed to them that we'd like to see a mailing
list where the spec can be discussed colloaboratively.
I feel that is necessary especially to invite services
developers, too.

In the meantime, I'd like to hear from you what you
think of it from a technical perspective?

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, hein at kde.org