[Konversation-devel] Suggestion

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Wed Jul 25 14:55:48 CEST 2007

Conrad Hofmeyr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is this the right place for feature requests?

The preferred venue to file wishlist items is the issue tracker
at http://bugs.kde.org/. Alternatively, there's a wiki page at
http://konversation.kde.org/wiki/User_Wishlist, but it receives
a lot less attention.

> I would like to suggest CTCP sounds in Konversation.

A wishlist item for CTCP SOUND support has been added to the
aforementioned wiki page, but not filed in the issue tracker.

FWIW, we're unlikely to add CTCP SOUND support in the KDE 3
version as the KDE 3 audio API and sound system is nearly uni-
versally disliked by users, and unavailable to many. KDE 4's
new multimedia API Phonon will make more sense to spend time
on.

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, hein at kde.org