[Konversation-devel] Unable to use konversation

RND rnd at f2s.com
Thu Jan 11 16:17:53 CET 2007

Hi

For sometime now (after some updates were installed) I have been unable
to run konversation properly. When I load the program from kmenu it states:

"Download failed in some way"

which doesn't mean much to me.

When I start it in term, I get the following readout:

rnd at linux-bkzx:~> konversation
rnd at linux-bkzx:~> QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
QGDict::hashKeyString: Invalid null key
konversation: ERROR: : couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol ''.
konversation:
KCrash: Application 'konversation' crashing...

rnd at linux-bkzx:~>

The program loads fine in root but not under my user account.

I would be grateful for any solution you might be able to offer.

Regards

Nicholas Wittering