[Konversation-devel] Development Meeting this Sunday

Shintaro Matsuoka shin at shoegazed.org
Wed Jan 12 14:36:41 CET 2005

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 20:58, Ismail Donmez wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 January 2005 13:35, Peter Simonsson wrote:
> > I'm not sure I'll be able to attend at all... saturday should work
> > though, but after that I'm not really available until wednesday next
> > week.
>
> Ok Saturday fits me too. Anyone have objections?

I'll not be able to attend the meeting because I've been being busy at exams:(
That's the reason why I haven't joined #konversation lately.
so I'll write down some ideas of mine here now.

[module-fy]
I think we should separate the UI code from the core (handling socket, channel
info, nick info, and so on). Module-fying will improve the readability.
That'll make the software more secure and less buggy in result. It's a good
idea to connect them with each other by SIGNAL/SLOT.

e.g.:
SIGNAL KonversationCore::Server::onJoinedToAChannel( ... )
SLOT   KonversationGUI::Server::onJoinedToAChannel( ... )

[scripting support]
If konvi is module-fied it will not be difficult to implement a scripting
engine. Mixing the core and the UI code and some script engines is a
nightmare. Even the current situation is bad IMO.

the directory tree should be like this after module-fied:

konversation/
  images/
  konverastion/
    core/
    gui/
    si_python/   <-- scripting interface
    si_perl/

# Would anyone take the meeting log for me?

---
I'm sorry for my bad English.

Shintaro Matsuoka aka strm
shin at shoegazed.org