[Konversation-devel] Replace Tab bar with something better, ideas

Michael Goettsche michael.goettsche at kdemail.net
Mon Apr 25 13:39:22 CEST 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 08:14, Ismail Donmez wrote:
> On Sunday 24 April 2005 13:30, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> > On Sunday 24 April 2005 10:15 am, Michael Goettsche wrote:
> > > Hi guys,
> > >
> > > psn and I think that it is time to remove the old Tab bar with
> > > something better.
> > >
> > > My idea would be to implement a channel list like the one in
> > > xchat-gnome http://xchat-gnome.navi.cx/main.png .
> >
> > I just want to say that if Konvi removes the channel tab bar, I may start
> > looking for another IRC client.  I used KVirc, which has a vertical
> > channel list like you suggest and hated it.  I think my biggest objection
> > was that it took up too much screen real estate, especially if one
> > connects to only 2 or 3 channels.  As for the LEDs, they work fine for
> > me.
>
> Noone is removing channel tab bar. Idea is to make it easier to navigate
> for people with lots of tabs. But looks like Michael doesn't want to do
> this himself. So if anyone wants to implement this, can go ahead and do.
>
> ismail

Actually it was my idea to remove the tab bar, but obviously there are people
who like it(didn't think there could be a single person on earth who likes
it).

Making the new channel list optional and configurable is a lot of work and for
those few months it would be used it's way too much.

So, if one wants to go for writing throw-away code, go ahead. ;)

Michael.