[Konversation-devel] Addressbook nicks

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Wed Aug 18 06:57:14 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 17 August 2004 07:35 am, Dario Abatianni wrote:
> John Flux <johnflux at hotmail.com> schrieb :
> >   In kopete, when you add an irc contact, it polls the server ever few
> > minutes to see if that person is online or not.
>
> We have  the Watched Nicks (Notify)-List for that already.

Yes, but it ISON only tells you if the nick is online or not.  I think users
will want to know in what channels and servers the user is online.

Perhaps an approach is to automatically do the ISON, via the watched nick
list, and then if user wants to contact the person via IRC, they can initiate
a WHOIS to see which channels they are in.
--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)
KDE Text-to-Speech Maintainer