Auto Split Terminal

William Brawner me at wbrawner.com
Sat Jul 30 01:41:35 BST 2022

Hi everyone!

I'm a big fan of Konsole, so I figured it'd be a good thing for me to
contribute to. One thing I personally am a fan of from other terminal
emulators is the "auto split" feature, where instead of telling the terminal
to split horizontally or vertically, you just tell it to split and it
automatically splits in the orientation where it has the greatest space. I.e.
if the terminal window is wider than it is tall, it would split vertically,
creating a left pane and a right pane. Since Konsole already has a splitting
feature, I don't think it would be much work to add this as an additional
feature on top of the manual split in either orientation. Would that be a
welcome feature? If so, I'd love to begin putting together a patch for it.

Cheers,
William Brawner