[konsole] [Bug 408048] New: Selection by words is sticky in Midnight Commander
bugzilla_noreply at kde.org
Tue May 28 23:38:00 BST 2019
Bug ID: 408048
Summary: Selection by words is sticky in Midnight Commander
Platform: Kubuntu Packages
Assignee: konsole-devel at kde.org
Reporter: andysem at mail.ru
Target Milestone: ---
Somewhere between Konsole 18.04.3 in Kubuntu 18.10 and 18.12.3 in Kubuntu
19.04, selecting text with mouse in Midnight Commander running in Konsole or
Yakuake became sticky. This is super annoying.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Start Konsole, run "mc".
2. In Midnight Commander, open a text file and start typing.
3. Select a piece of text by pressing Shift, Left mouse button and moving the
mouse. Notice that selection is adjusted by character, you can start and end
selection in the middle of a word.
4. Select a word in the text by pressing Shift and double-clicking Left mouse
button on the word. The whole word is selected.
5. Try again to select a piece of text, like in step 3.
In step 5, moving the mouse selects text by words, not by characters. You can
try starting the selection multiple times, every time it will select text by
words. It is not possible to restore the original behavior of selection by
characters, except by Left clicking somewhere in the text.
1. Shift + Left click should always start selection by character.
2. Shift + Double left click should always start selection by words.
The two rules should be true no matter what kind of selection had been done
Linux: Kubuntu 19.04
KDE Plasma Version: 5.15.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.56.0
Qt Version: 5.12.2
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the konsole-devel