D19266: Fix "Draw intense colors in bold font" feature

Mariusz Glebocki noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 15 23:10:08 GMT 2019

mglb added a comment.

  @ngraham this is something else (styleName is handled in the patch). The fonts and their styles are not linked correctly, so we have fonts/styles:

  - IBM Plex Mono
    - Regular
    - Regular Italic
    - Bold
    - Bold Italic
  - IBM Plex Mono Text
    - Regular
    - Regular Italic

  To get the font with "Text" style, you have to select "IBM Plex Mono Text" font, which has only one style - "Regular". Since there is nothing bolder in this specific font, "bold" does not work. The correct behavior is when the "IBM Plex Mono" font has all possible styles (including text and bold), which is the case with OTF fonts described above. Note that "IBM Plex Mono Text" will still exist even when "IBM Plex Mono" has its styles.
  However, I did the first test (not working) with Qt 5.11 + TTF probably from different places (Google Fonts and Github). "Working" test uses Qt 5.9 + all OTF from github. Now I am testing it with Qt 5.11 and TTF fonts from github work correctly too. Gnome Terminal did work in all cases.

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D19266