D18154: Add a "Session Switcher" via Ctrl + Tab

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Wed Jan 30 15:54:59 GMT 2019

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 4:10 PM Kurt Hindenburg <noreply at phabricator.kde.org>
wrote:

> hindenburg added a comment. View Revision
> <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18154>
>
> A quick look running and I'm not a big fan:

1) It doesn't handle split views (assume that after the split tab changes
> go in, this could be fix)

This should work (at least I remember to test this. I'll test again)

> , 2) if only tab, don't show anything,

Easy to fix.

> 3) releasing the Ctrl+Tab should close popup and go to selected

Easy to fix.

> 4) I'm tempted to have a way to turn off the popup.

 easy to add but we should remember that kde used to be a monster for
having options for everything. So I'd consider this only if really needeed.
(this is also the default behavior of kate and a few other multi-view apps
that kde has.)

Since other people seem to like it, let me use/review it more.