D17643: Multiple Splits per Tab

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 24 21:48:18 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  This is really awesome work, guys. I gave it a shot today and was really impressed. Here are my only real suggestions after about 15 minutes of using it:

  1. "Close Session" in the File and context menus should be renamed to "Close Pane" or "Close Split View" when there are splits (the fact that a split pane is a session is an implementation detail that users don't need to know about)

  2. I find it difficult to tell which pane is focused when there are many splits. We should do something to make this clearer. One idea I had was to give each split its own header on top that has the pane's title plus a button on it for activating the context menu without needing to right-click. Then the background of this header could change depending on whether or not its pane has focus. Just a thought. :)

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D17643