D17643: WIP - DO NOT MERGE: Experimental, Multiple Splits per Tab

Tomaz Canabrava noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 3 08:02:51 GMT 2019

tcanabrava added a comment.

  In D17643#385499 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17643#385499>, @maciejn wrote:

  > Hi, we've talked on VDG room about this change a couple of days ago (about maximizing split to be exact). It works exactly as I imagined it. I have two comments:
  >
  > - it would be nice to maximize/minimize with the same shortcut

  That's easy to do.

  > - changing focus for more complicated splits does not work for example 2x2 setup. I've took time and found a way to do this by actual coordinates of splits if you are interested.

  it does, with a few grips. If you have a better algorithm than the one I created for the focus handling, I'm all for it. Plese not that this patch will be a bit stale as I don't have time to work on it at the moment.
   Just defining 'coordinates' will not work as the problem is that when we try to focus in any direction we need to climb up or down the splitter hierarchy.

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D17643