D20816: [WIP] Configure Konsole dialog GUI redesign

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 26 16:28:40 BST 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  Totally awesome. Some VDG-ish comments from a first pass:

INLINE COMMENTS

> GeneralSettings.ui:93
> +       <property name="text">
> +        <string>Search is case sensitive</string>
> +       </property>

I'd just go with "Case sensitive"; that it's about the search is already communicated by the left header.

> GeneralSettings.ui:106
> +       <property name="text">
> +        <string>Show menubar by default</string>
> +       </property>

Remove "by default"; this is implied by the fact that it's in a settings window

> GeneralSettings.ui:122
> +       <property name="text">
> +        <string>Use current window size on next startup</string>
> +       </property>

Maybe something shorter like "Remember window size" would work better?

> GeneralSettings.ui:171
> +       <property name="text">
> +        <string>Highlight all search matches</string>
> +       </property>

The word "search" is now redundant here; let's change it to "Highlight all matches"

> TabBarSettings.ui:51
> +     </item>
> +     <item row="12" column="1" colspan="2">
> +      <widget class="QRadioButton" name="PutNewTabAfterCurrentTab">

The default option for a set of radio buttons should be the first one; let's move this to the top

> TabBarSettings.ui:84
> +     </item>
> +     <item row="1" column="1" colspan="2">
> +      <widget class="QRadioButton" name="ShowTabBarWhenNeeded">

The default option for a set of radio buttons should be the first one; let's move this to the top

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D20816