D20744: [WIP] Apply new window flags only when necessary
noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 22 19:21:57 BST 2019
mglb created this revision.
mglb added a reviewer: Konsole.
mglb added a project: Konsole.
Herald added a subscriber: konsole-devel.
mglb requested review of this revision.
Applying the settings in Configure Konsole dialog causes all Konsole
windows to be hidden and shown again. This causes all information
related to window management (window state, desktop, position/display,
etc.) to be lost - windows appear on current display, desktop, at new
The hide/show action is triggered by window flags change. Only "remove
window titlebar and frame" option really changes the flags, so the
action is changed to be triggered only by this option.
- Window flags are changed change only when necessary (i.e. when "remove window titlebar and frame" option is changed).
- Windows are restored:
- at previous positions
- on the same displays
- on previous activity
- [MISSING] with the same state (minimized, maximized, etc)
- [MISSING] on the same desktop
- [MISSING] with the same stacking order
**Any ideas how to implement missing features?**
- Open a few Konsole windows, put them on different desktops, different positions, minimize, maximize, etc.
- Open Configure Konsole dialog, change any option except "remove window titlebar and frame"
**Result before change**
Konsole windows end up on current desktop; configuration window hides
**Result after change**
Konsole windows position and state does not change.
wip/Apply-new-configuration-options-only-when-necessary (branched from master)
To: mglb, #konsole
Cc: konsole-devel, #konsole, gennad, thsurrel, ngraham, maximilianocuria, hindenburg
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the konsole-devel