T10812: KDE Applications

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 18 22:47:12 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In T10812#182213 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10812#182213>, @aacid wrote:

  > No, we just need to get users away from bad distros.

  I find this really insulting. :/ I think discrete release distros can be great.

  It's also unrealistic. The "bad distros" are the ones actually used by huge numbers of people. In my last job, almost all the engineers used Linux on their desktop. Did they use Arch? No. OpenSUSE Tumbleweed? No. They all used CentOS or Ubuntu LTS versions, because those are the distros that their enterprise customers are using. We can't increase our market penetration by ignoring these distros. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the major reasons why we do releases in the first place is for the benefit of distros. If they wanted to, they could just package snapshots of our sources, right? We're already providing a nice-to-have service by even doing releases.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T10812