T10755: Unifying Applications' release versions
Adriaan de Groot
noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 3 09:17:56 BST 2019
adridg added a comment.
So there's subtask //extract version information from CMakeLists.txt//, which implies a few things:
- going over the applications to check that they actually **do** set their version in the top-level CMakeLists, as part of the `project()` command,
- check that tooling uses that version consistently,
- check that the tooling can provide the version information everywhere it's needed.
This kind of rolls into a best-versioning-practices guide for (CMake-build-based software) things under the KDE umbrella. And it will take a bunch of administrative code-work to get there.
I randomly looked at kmplot, which (not pointing fingers; this is just **what** it does, which doesn't seem to fit very well with any proposed automation or tooling-for-consistency):
- no version in CMakeLists.txt `project()`
- version held in the application code as a `const char*`
- version repeated in text in the docbook (along with text saying "Applications 19.04")
- version repeated in text in a manpage
So that's one community-maintained application that would require quite some massaging to get to whatever automated ideal is chosen.
To: ngraham, adridg
Cc: adridg, heikobecker, aspotashev, huftis, cullmann, hein, ltoscano, kde-utils-devel, #kde_games, #kde_pim, sitter, jriddell, #spectacle, #gwenview, #konsole, #kate, #dolphin, aacid, cfeck, #kde_applications, ngraham
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the konsole-devel