D16134: Secure history file

Pino Toscano noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 30 11:55:05 GMT 2018

pino added a comment.

  In D16134#343445 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16134#343445>, @langbeck wrote:

  > @pino, but you had just said that "KF5 plasma does not use **qca**, the code for that **was dropped as dead/unmaintained**".

  I meant that the code that in plasma 4 used qca was removed, because //that code// was unmaintained.

  > I just thought in using OpenSSL directly because you said that.

  Definitely not what I meant.

  > So, should I use QCA or not?

  If you need crypto, yes.

  > And, if `libqt5network5` is already using it then we should not have "licensing burdens", right?

  That is another story (dynamic loading of openssl at runtime).

  In D16134#350909 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16134#350909>, @langbeck wrote:

  > Since nobody seems to see/understand the importance of this patch:
  >  Should I go ahead and abandon this revision?

  There were changes requested, and they are not done. I'd start by doing the changes according to the reviews.

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16134