D16482: feat: Don't quit when last tab closes

Andrew Smith noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 29 10:37:00 GMT 2018

EspadaV8 added a comment.

  Didn't realise that the summary here would become part of the git commit so moving the text into a comment

  ---

  I have only recently found out about `--background-mode` while looking into a alternative to Yakuake (due to its issue with panel focusing on show/hide and not respecting the 'open in current folder' option).

  Background mode in Konsole works well for me, but there are times when I close the last view (either by mistake or just because I want to 'start fresh'). Currently Konsole will close in this case and then need relaunching.

  This PR adds an option call `PersistAfterLastClose` (if you can think of something nicer to call it I'm happy to change it). When this setting is `true`, instead of calling `MainWindow::close` the new method `MainWindow::handleLastTabClosed` is called which checks this setting and will instead instantly create a new session and hide the window (which is what Yakuake will do).

  This is my first bit of KDE work and it has been a while since I've done any Qt/C++ so please let me know if anything needs changing.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16482