D16134: Secure history file

Dórian Langbeck noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 15 03:18:34 BST 2018

langbeck added a comment.

  @sandsmark  and @ngraham, these are temporary files and the disk where they are located will be always mounted and the file will not exists anymore when the computer is powered off (if the Konsole wasn't killed).
  We don't need to protect those files in case someone steals your computer or something like. If that was the case, then I agree that disk encryption is the solution and this patch is useless.
  What we need is to protect those files from malicious applications running in your system. In that case, there is nothing what disk encryption could do to help us.

  Now that we have clarified what's the threat model this patch is trying to prevent, lets move on to the "Qt5 dropping the use of QCA" problem.
  I think I can replace QCA with `libssl` (that is used by `libqt5network5`) at some point during the next week or two.

  I'll address @sandsmark's code review comments now.

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL