D16138: Create the default profile if it doesn't exist

Pedro Arthur P. R. Duarte noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Oct 12 14:39:57 BST 2018

pedroarthurp added a comment.

  In D16138#341653 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16138#341653>, @hindenburg wrote:

  > I don't recall off-hand what happens w/o these 2 files - most distros include profiles

  Any profile-related changes you make the first time you run konsole are lost.

  About distros, neither Neon or Debian provide default profiles.

  In D16138#341569 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16138#341569>, @ngraham wrote:

  > This doesn't work for me. If I delete `~/.config/konsolerc*` and `~/.local/share/konsole/*.profile`, apply the patch, build konsole, and run it clean, I still see no profiles in Settings > Configure Konsole > Profiles.
  >
  > Does that work for you, or am I doing it wrong?

  No, you got it right. I actually missed that cause was only checking {context menu > Switch Profile} and {context menu > Edit Current Profile}. I must have missed some emit step; I am checking that. The "lost settings" problem seems fixed, however; I have double checked that by i) deleting my settings and ii) creating a new account.

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16138