D11146: Only emulate up/down key presses for mouse scrolls on alternate screen

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 10 08:07:56 UTC 2018

rkflx added subscribers: ngraham, rkflx.
rkflx added a comment.

  In D11146#221918 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11146#221918>, @ahmadsamir wrote:

  > In D11146#221647 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11146#221647>, @hindenburg wrote:
  >
  > > Are you using arc?  If not perhaps it will make it easier.  I see your name is not attached to the patch.
  >

  > Using arc diff to submit a new diff is OK, but I find that using it to update a diff isn't that intuitive (git I can try an understand, but arc on top of git is just an extra hoop to jump through for me); I'd rather just persevere through the web UI.

  Sorry to chime in again, but as part of T7116: Streamlined onboarding of new contributors <https://phabricator.kde.org/T7116> it is incredibly important to not work around (perceived) issues with Arcanist, but to improve our documentation <https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Phabricator#Step_2:_Update_your_diff>. By all means, please let me know what you miss there, because IMO it really is much easier than using Git and the web uploader:

    # setup
    git checkout master
    arc feature updownkeys

    # do initial work
    arc diff

    # do more work
    arc diff

    # do more work
    arc diff

  IOW, instead of `git diff`, you can just use `arc diff`. Note that this will still work even if you have multiple local commits, because it diffs against the upstream tracking branch set by `arc feature`, e.g. `master` in this case.

  ---

  @ngraham The Phab wiki page is missing something about how to set the author in Git's config. Do we have a snippet elsewhere which could just be copied? Any help appreciated! ;)

  @ngraham Should we change the wiki to my example above, and mention `git commit` only in a side note? After all, `arc diff` will prompt if there are unstage changes, or you could specify `arc diff -a`.

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D11146