D11146: Only emulate up/down key presses for mouse scrolls on alternate screen

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 9 13:39:26 UTC 2018

ahmadsamir marked 3 inline comments as done.
ahmadsamir added a comment.

  In D11146#221667 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11146#221667>, @hindenburg wrote:

  > What I mean should the BR be changed to WONTFIX?  Also, I can't find something easy to test this that shows the difference.

  No, the bug should be fixed with this patch.

  The way I tested with xterm:

  - Run less in xterm, note that mouse wheel scroll events are ignored
  - Launch `xterm -xrm XTerm.vt100.alternateScroll:true`, now when running less in xterm mouse wheel scrolls are translated to up/down key presses

  With konsole:

  - Without the patch, scrolling up/down in a terminal (primary screen) cycles through the shell history; with a program that uses the alternate screen (vim, less ...etc) mouse wheel scrolls also work
  - After applying the patch, scrolling up/down will be translated to up/down key presses only when the terminal is using the alternate screen but scrolling in a terminal using the primary screen will only scroll using the scrollbar, now it doesn't cycle through the shell history

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D11146