D12529: Paste dropped files and folders as text by default

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 26 13:36:03 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D12529#254227 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12529#254227>, @hein wrote:

  > I can't quite follow the discussion so far (also because my Konsole already seems to paste URLs on drop).

  Sounds like maybe you or your distro turned off the menu?

  > Are you saying the current default is to show a Dolphin/FV-like drop menu with actions?

  Yep!

  > I think that's nice for consistency, no? Then again apps like Konversation don't and Konsole is often used for chats, too.

  Consistency is important when the use cases are the same or very similar. For Konsole, I think they're not. In a file manager, both moving and copying (also linking to a lesser extent) are very common actions. In a terminal, nearly all of the time, what you want to do is paste a path; using the terminal for direct file management via drag-and-drop is a very distant second, I think.

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D12529