D12236: Change internal character type size to 32 bit

Mariusz Glebocki noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 20 23:45:45 UTC 2018

mglb added a comment.

  Clang, GCC, empty profile, my usual profile, adding qDebugs to track cursor position and array size, etc - always works.

  I've tried to trigger an overflow in `updateCursor()` using `demo_konsolepart`, and I found a way - slowly decrease window height. At some point below one terminal line height ASAN reports either buffer overflow or use after free. Sometimes (short prompt and nothing else in terminal) I am able to decrease height to 0, but then generating longer lines does the job. Do not test this with long text typed into zsh - it is smart and shortens command line so it won't wrap when there is too few lines available.

  The problem is... the bug works on master. So I guess this is another one. I'll try to fix it anyway.

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D12236