konsole in plasmoid

Cédric ODY cedric.ody at univ-brest.fr
Tue Sep 12 06:44:59 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I am new to the list.

I have swapped to kubuntu 16.04 recently. A big disappointment was the
absence of the plasmacon plasmoid which allowed to have konsole embedded
in a plasmoid.

I use a lot activities and for development ones, I liked to have such
plasmacon plasmoids.

I contacted the developer of yakuake and plasmacon.

Plasmacon uses a python script to launch the plasmoid. Its developer
told me to look at yakuake sources to a get a qml qtquick based plasmoid.

The developer of Yakuake told me there was a big issue regarding the
portability of konsole from QWidget/QPainter to QQuickPaintedItem. This
was the first step before going on embedding the konsole in a plasmoid.

What do konsole's developers think? Where to start?

Thank you,

Cédric Ody