D9008: Fix mouse wheel scrolling with libinput

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 28 21:46:37 UTC 2017

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9008#173114, @hindenburg wrote:

  > OK I installed a 17.10 VM and the fix works.  When this is fixed in Qt, this will need removed?  What happens if Qt is fixed and this patch is used?

  Looking at the proposed fix upstream[1], this change can be reverted because Qt won't generate pixelDelta for a mouse wheel.

  I am assuming that the pixelDelta code path is there to handle high-resolution touchpads/trackpads, so what this patch does is basically tighten the condition, i.e. the code will only use the pixelDelta path if the source of the event is not a mouse, so with Qt fixed this patch should have no side effects (hopefully :)).

  [1]https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/212398/

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL