D9008: Fix mouse wheel scrolling with libinput

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 27 19:35:27 UTC 2017

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9008#172541, @ngraham wrote:

  > Since this will eventually be fixed, can you conditionalize the workaround like we did in https://phabricator.kde.org/D8387?

  To make the fix conditional I think we'd better wait until it's actually fixed upstream, so that we have the actual Qt version with the fix. And hindenburg hasn't accepted the patch yet anyway :)

  But if the code path that uses pixelDelta in ScrollState in konsole is supposed to handle high resolution touchpads/trackpads/... etc then checking that the event source is not a mouse can just stay in, even after the bug is fixed upstream in Qt. (I am not sure, but is that code supposed to handle high resolution scroll events coming from say an Apple Magic mouse?).

  > To my knowledge, Scrollviews in Kirigami and Kickoff are also affected in the same way. Would you be able to consider preparing similar patches for them, too?

  I'll look into that, but no promises though.

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9008