D4975: Prevent misdetection of EOF on Linux

Peter Wu noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 17 22:50:52 UTC 2017

Lekensteyn added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4975#95754, @ossi wrote:

  > first try googling it; maybe there is even a response on stackoverflow (as so often happens).

  Was one of the first things to try, that only pointed to an issue in Emacs and another that clarified that FIONREAD does not work for things like UDP sockets.

  > then try posting it yourself to stackoverflow.
  >  dunno whether such questions are welcome on the linux-kernel list, but if not, there might be other lists where it would fit.

  I doubt that SO would know the answer to this, *some* Linux kernel list would probably work, but then a stripped down testcase is likely needed and I don't really feel like wasting much more time on this. The problem is real.

REPOSITORY
  R291 KPty

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D4975