D9350: Handle read-only profile config file

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Dec 19 18:42:16 UTC 2017

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9350#181062, @hindenburg wrote:

  > The only check should be if the profile can be deleted - you can notice the Delete button is grayed on such profiles.

  I can't write to a ro file, but I can still delete it if I own it. So if the user has a ro .profile in ~/.local/share/konsole/, he can't save the settings but he can delete that profile, or rename it.

  ProfileSettings::isProfileDeletable() checks if the dir (i.e. /usr/share/konsole/ or ~/.local/share/konsole/) isWritable, but even with a rw ~/.local/share/konsole/ if a ro .profile exists there, settings can't be saved.

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9350