D9272: Improve profile management

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 13 11:21:12 UTC 2017

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9272#178721, @hindenburg wrote:

  > Thanks, looks fine.  If I recall you can't commit yourself correct?

  Yes :)

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9272#178737, @hindenburg wrote:

  > Also noticed this has the same issue as before where a profile is system location (/usr/share/konsole) and the user doesn't have permission to delete it.   With this patch, the old profile is left alone w/o any error/message; and the new renamed file is stored in ~/.local/share/konsole
  >
  > Upon rerunning konsole, both profiles show up.

  How about changing loadProfile

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9272#178936, @hindenburg wrote:

  > So if I rename a profile under /usr/share/konsole, what do you think should happen?  I don't see any changes w/ the latest patch.  I can't get the new popup to show up.  It still creates the new/renamed profile in .local/share/konsole

  I am going with the logic that users can't save settings to profiles in /usr/share/konsole; so the popup will show if you keep the name unchanged and change any other settings then try to save, it'll block the save and ask the user to change the name. This way there won't be two profiles with the same name in the profile manager dialog.

  Does that sound OK to you?

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9272#178937, @hindenburg wrote:

  > We don't need to keep "fixing" issues - the last patch was OK with me; and if you want to work on it further you can do on a clean slate.  Let me know either way.

  As you prefer, you're the one who's going to be doing the actual commits to git, so it's your work flow :)

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9272