D9272: Improve profile management

Ahmad Samir noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 11 16:09:15 UTC 2017

ahmadsamir added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D9272#178414, @hindenburg wrote:

  > - Hit Apply after changing profile name profile->name():  "Profile 11a" _tempProfile->name():  "Profile 11aa" otherExistingProfileNames:  ("Profile 4b", "Default", "Light Solarized", "", "Profile 22", "New Profile", "Profile 3")

  That's it, you have a profile without a name, a file named just ".profile", most likely in ~/.local/share/konsole.

  One of the issues this patch is trying to fix is that previously you could remove the name of a profile, you couldn't hit OK, it would display a message saying you can't save a profile with an empty name, but you could still hit Apply, and a ".profile" would still get saved.

  I'll update the diff to check if name().isEmpty() before blocking saving and displaying the "already exists" error message. Hopefully with this diff users won't be able to save profiles with empty names.

  Thanks for your patience :)

REPOSITORY
  R319 Konsole

REVISION DETAIL