[Konsole-devel] Open new tab with bookmark

Han Hwei Woo hhw at pce-net.com
Fri Feb 27 06:28:01 UTC 2015

Back in the KDE3 version of konsole, there was a menu item to open a new
tab with a bookmark. This made konsole very useful as an ssh client
application. Without this option in the current version of konsole, it's
now necessary to open a new tab first, and then open a bookmark
afterwards, doubling the effort required. When regularly working with
several different ssh sessions at a time, this becomes quite tedious.

Secondly, the old functionality resulted in the tab being named the
bookmark name, which made it very useful for identifying ssh sessions.
You could easily identify the tab with the ssh session you wanted, and
switch to it easily.

Is there any way this functionality could be added to the current
version of Konsole? Or alternatively, could a setting be introduced so
that bookmarks were by default opened up in a new tab?

I imagine this should be fairly trivial for someone well versed in the
code to implement. Unfortunately, I am not that someone. However, I do
appreciate that everyone's time is valuable, and so if none of the
current developers are interested in working on this, I may put in the
effort to do it myself. Any pointers as to which sections of code I
should be concerned with would also be much appreciated.