[Konsole-devel] bash 4.3: "Clear Scrollback and Reset" (Ctrl-Shift-X) in konsole stopped to work as expected when upgrading from upstream bash 4.2 to upstream bash 4.3

Askar Safin safinaskar at mail.ru
Fri Nov 28 15:34:51 UTC 2014

>Doesn't seem like a bug to me. You asked your terminal emulator to clear
>the screen. It did so. Now you complain that it's "too clean" :)
When I type Ctrl-L, screen clears, and prompt appears. Ctrl-Shift-X should work the same and it should clear scrollback additionally.
bash 4.3 + konsole behavior is not OK for me, because I have to press "Enter" after Ctrl-Shift-X. :)
>I understand how it may look confusing, but I don't think the term has
>much option here. Suppose that instead of the shell, you were executing
>something else (eg. reading a log file).
Yes, but this somehow worked before. And I press Ctrl-Shift-X in bash only. :)
>PS: While I agree that what you are considering a bug is not
>Debian-specific, I don't think you had enough data at bug submission
>time to ascertain that this was an upstream bug (specially not knowing
>which was the upstream provider). However, you did a good job describing
>the bug report itself. :)
Reproduced with bash 4.3 built from upstream sources. And yes, konsole was from Debian.

Also, is there somewhere some real revision control system with bash sources? http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bash.git appears to be incomplete: "git bisect" shows that the problem is in http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/bash.git/commit/?id=ac50fbac377e32b98d2de396f016ea81e8ee9961 , but this is a huge commit. Where can I download more detailed history?
==
Askar Safin
http://vk.com/safinaskar
Kazan, Russia