[Konsole-devel] [RFC] Remove the --background-mode feature.

Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas rr.rosas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 13:33:27 UTC 2013

Jekyll Wu <adaptee <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 于 2012年11月21日 00:12, Kurt Hindenburg 写道:
>
> > Hi, I would tend to agree.  It is fine with me to remove when master is
> > un-frozen.
> >    Thanks
> >         Kurt
>
> Yes, I'm aware of the master freezing . The proposed removal will happen
> for KDE SC 4.11.
>
> I will create a ticket on bugs.kde.org so that this proposal won't be
> forgotten :)
>
> Regards
> Jekyll

Please, keep this feature!

I just found it and I'm very happy with it. Previously I tried using kdocker
and ksystraycmd but they are very buggy and the latter rarely works with
konsole.

Also, I couldn't find any application that would send it to the tray and
allow me to set a shortcut to toggle the application.

I'm a web developer and it is pretty useful for me to have some tabs running
my Rails and Grails application and test runner that I can only show when an
error happens and I could watch the error log.

Other than that I don't want this window to polute my workspace.

This is an awesome feature I just found it exists on konsole. Please don't
remove it. It is just perfect for me as it currently works.

Best,
Rodrigo.