[Konsole-devel] Code'n Greets (File recognition in konsole)

Jekyll Wu adaptee at gmail.com
Mon May 21 05:39:11 UTC 2012

于 2012年05月21日 02:57, Rodrigo Fernandes 写道:

> Should further iterative developments be listed to the mailing list or
 > directly to you ?

It is better to send message to this public list instead of directly
to me. If you already have a developer account, maybe it is better to
create a branch in the konsole repository and work on that branch, then
all people who are keeping eyes on the konsole development(like Kurt and
me) through commitfilter.kde.org will be notified of your progress.

> Tried roxterm, but I couldn't find the specific option to activate file
> recognition

It is in the "File URIs" section of its profile dialog. You may need to
enable the "Match filenames without file:// prefix" option.

> In the meanwhile I think I'll take a look into bug fixing, as it helps me learn
> the ins and outs of the current codebase. Being feature frozen that is the
> main concern right now, correct ?

Yeah, bug fixing is a good way of getting familiar with the code. That
is generally how I started contributing to konsole last year. The most
important thing about feature frozon is not adding or changing
translatable strings without the 'OK' from i18n team.

> BTW, browsing though the code, I've already found one fairly trivial crash
> condition in the cursor blinking configuration handling; Would you like me to
> open a bug report, or just post the patch + explanation ?

The preferred way of posting and discussing patch is create a review
request on reviewboard.kde.org(adding konsole into groups). Opening
a bug report is also nice since it helps tracking and generating
changelog.

Regards
Jekyll